Saturday 11 August 2007

Fabric

I went fabric shopping today, to start some projects with. I haven't lived in this area that long, so had to look up a load of shops first to see what was where and ended up heading for 2 on the same road. Luckily this time they were both spacious enough and you could see their large collections easily.

The first shop was pretty cheap, but had some cool stuff. I picked up some gingham (pink and a turquoisy blue) and some limey green and a fabric with this strawberry pattern on it, which I thought was sweet. Everything was like £2 a metre, so v cheap.

Then I went to this other shop, over 3 floors which had EVERYTHING you could ever need. I picked up some really cute bird print drapery fabric, and some green with white dots (I was thinking for my sister) and another fabric white with a green leafy design, which was a remnant, so it wasn't too bad.


I do plan to recycle fabrics, and see what I can do with stuff I've got. I watched "An Inconvenient Truth" and although I try to be pretty good with the recycling etc etc it certainly is not enough. So I'm going to try and see what stuff I can reuse and reconfigure into other things.


Hopefully I'll have some cool news in a few weeks, fingers crossed!

No comments: