Friday 25 January 2008

TumTum & Nutmeg

Don't you just love children's books? I have just bought a proper (with chapters) night time book for my eldest (who is nearly 5) called TumTum and Nutmeg by Emily Bearn and it looks so adorable. The website carries recipes from the book, including cinnamon toast, which is something my sister and I used to make, although once or twice we nearly set fire to the kitchen, as the sugar melts and then burns v v quickly!! If you've never made it you should try, all you do is mix a few tablespoons or sugar with a tablespoon of cinnamon. (you can adjust the taste to your preference). Toast some bread, butter it, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar onto it and reheat under the grill, until it's melted (but not burnt!!!) Yummy!

Yesterday our car went in for its MOT, and failed, so after the garage said to fix upto £1000 (!) I had to get a bus back into Brighton, with my 2 children at 5:30pm, we stopped at Carluccios and treated ourselves to yummy chocolate cake squares. It certainly helped take the blow off their money grabbing charges. Today they have costed the job at £375, which is better, but still not great. So they have the car, till they can fix it, and I needed it to get the eldest to a party tomorrow, and its fancy dress!!! Hassle! I'm about to look up the buses to get there!

1 comment:

MrsB said...

Hey claire, I got tagged by rosie and i decided to carry it on and so i tagged you, hope you don't mind too much!