Wednesday 28 January 2009

Don't Panic

Telephone conversation on Monday:

"Hello is that Claire?"
"Yes"
"this is the school, please don't panic, but your son has hit his head and needs to go to A+E" (accident and emergency at the hospital or ER)

Don't panic!!!! Your son needs to go to A+E for emergency treatment!!! Great, just what I needed!

(not my son)


I get to the school and my son has on a similar sized bandage on his head, a bit larger if anything and is lying down on the floor with his feet up looking pale. I suspect I was looking pale as well at this point!

I get him in the car, with my youngest in toe as well, FINALLY get through to my husband, pick him up from work and off we go to A+E.

All in all, we were at the hospital for 1.5 hours, which isn't bad. There was another child in school uniform with exactly the same injury!

My son's forehead was glued back together and little strips of plaster to hold it all in place. No TV or computer for 24 hours and no PE/ playtime for a week.! Not an easy thing for a 5 year year old!

No comments: