Wednesday 14 January 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Last night, I went with a friend to see Slumdog Millionaire, which is a fantastic film, based on a novel Q & A, by Vikas Swarup. It's made by Danny Boyle (Shallow Grave, Trainspotting, The Beach etc) and is absolutely fantastic. It's a rags to riches story of a boy born in the slums on Mumbai (Bombay), India and his turn on the Indian version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, and how his survival through life enables him to answer the 10 questions. He's branded a cheat, and has to justify his knowledge to the local police. It's so engaging and is as much a love story as the story of him winning the show.
It's certainly very popular at my local cinema, as I went on Monday and the film was sold out!
On a different note: The quilt has puckered up slightly and my eldest boy went to sleep with it. He is always enthusiastic about anything I make, and always wants them for himself!
My sister has also kindly put in an order for a quilt as well. Her husband likes to keep cool, so I find their house cold when I go over, so I can see that a quilt would be useful to her! We'll work out a design when she comes over in February for a week!

No comments: