Tuesday 21 April 2009

Quilt #2

I have started making a new quilt for a friend, who is expecting her second child, any day now! I'm not sure if I'll get it finished before the baby arrives though!


It is a crib size c46"x 60" and I looked at loads of quilts and decided to go with a square with a border, on white. It's pretty bright and in your face at the mo! The inner squares are all animal/ fish prints which were quite hard to find. What I mean by that I needed prints which were sympathetic with the prints. I especially love the Robert Kaufman Metro Chickens and the Alexander Henry Zoo fabrics!

I'm not sure how the back will look, as I don't seem to have much fabric left!

3 comments:

KL said...

I've been admiring the lovely chickens fabric in this quilt again. I think I'm going to have to go in search of some of that - it's fabulous!

craftyclaire said...

Thank you, it is an adorable fabric for sure!

Philigry said...

i love, love this quilt! beautiful.