Sunday 22 November 2009

Made 09

Made 09 is Brighton's Design and Craft Fair. You can see some pictures here.

I got to talk to Linda Miller about her embroideries, which in person, are fantastic. There's such charm to them.
She was very nice and self deprecating and really informative about he work. She has been doing it for 20 years, no wonder it looks so good! I would love to go on one of her courses. That would be something to save up for. I did watch her on TV this week, and she demonstrated her technique. She also told me that she has a book coming out next September. I think I will buy that!

I also met and bought a print and postcard from Quietly Eccentrics, or Lindsey Gardiner.
She was a really nice lady, the print and photo are at a shop being mounted and framed. They are for my son's bedroom. I'm trying to add some more art into it. A bit of a gallery if you like!
I also liked the stall run by Seed, supporting emerging artists and designers. I bought myself a very small work of art, threads in acrylic by Sarah Thomas, it's a smaller version of the photo below!


There were some lovely knitwear designers as well. Very tempting. I particularly lied Woodchild, who had great blankets and also Elsy and Vine, more gorgeous knitwear!

No comments: