Saturday 23 January 2010

Advice please?

Hi

Can anyone recommend to me a really good how to book on cable knitting? I have loads of sewing books, but only one on knitting, and unfortunately that does not go into cable knitting.

You may have guessed that my hat that I'm trying to knit is not going well : (

Edit ::

I have realised my BIG mistake, I was reading the chart the wrong way round!! Left to right and not the correct right to left. I was too preoccupied with the cable knitting, and forgot to get my chart reading mind into gear!!!

I'm hoping this IS my ONLY mistake, but I need to knit a few more rows to be sure.

I am stupid!

3 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

I cannot recommend an actual book only the ones writtien by Jan Eaton, but I go to the very large libarary, like our one near me, they have loads of knitting books and then if I like the particular book I then look on Amazon to see if I can purchase.

KL said...

I have Debbie Bliss's How to Knit which I always refer to when I get stuck. It's got diagrams, which always help. And chapters on cables, colour work, beaded knitting etc which makes it quite a good reference (even tells you how to pick up dropped stitches! very useful!!) It might be available in your library. Like KCCourt, I think it's a good idea to look inside a craft book before you buy.

Patch49 said...

Have a look on You Tube - a demo is worth a thousand words!