Saturday 1 May 2010

downer

I don't usually write about my private life on here. I have kept it separate. But yesterday we received dreadful news. My husband is being made redundant. This is his 3rd job loss in 6 years. The first 2 job losses were when both businesses he worked for closed down, so everyone lost their jobs. This time people have been picked out using criteria. To my husband it feels like a stitch up. But I won't go into that. As you may know I only work part time, on a relatively low salary, so I can look after the children, after school. So this is really awful, as my husband earns 4/5s of the income.

I'm not sure where our future will take us, as in the past we have lived in London, Dundee (Scotland), Leeds and now Brighton. I love Brighton, and we've made roots here in the 3.5 years we've lived here. Neither of us want to move away, again. Also our eldest is at school here, he's made loads of friends, and sure he can always make new friends, it would be such a shame.

Life at times, deals out too many rotten cards.

2 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope things work out for you guys!

Stamper by the Sea said...

Great post much appreciate the time you took to write this.