Wednesday 5 January 2011

Big Decs

Although we have just taken down all Xmas decorations tonight, I wanted to share this sweet reindeer that I bought in the lovely Inhouse Space in Brighton the other day. The shop is in the North Laine area, on Gloucester Road.


I saw him before Xmas, when I was buying a present in the shop, and then couldn't get him out of my mind! I went in the other day and even though not in the sale I decided to have him anyway! When I got to the till, the owner said, without any prompting from me, I'll reduce that, and knocked about a third off. That was very nice of her.

It is made by a company called Big Decs Unique whose website says they are eco friendly, handmade, and fair trade.

Then I went into Berts (who I have mentioned before!) and saw these two ornaments, also by Big Decs. They were reduced so I had to have them! The red is looking brighter on the computer than it does in real life. They have a nice tactile quality. I think the heart and star are made from shredded coconut palm.


All of the decorations are quite large, around 30cm/ 12". I am very pleased with them, as it's nice to have a few things that stand out, and capture your attention. The fact that they all match is good, as it'll help create cohesion within the flat!

1 comment:

Trungle said...

Interesting thoughts.