Monday 10 January 2011

castle peeps reveal yourselves!

There are many times (a week) that I plan out a post in my head as I go about my business. This is usually in the chaotic time of getting home from work, picking children up from nursery and school and making dinner and doing some home chores (not exactly a calm environment).

They can range from many different subjects, whatever has caught my attention in the day. It’s probably a good thing that my head is not connected to my blog, otherwise my blog would be very random in deed, and I would probably come across as a mad person, with half baked ideas.

I guess what I am saying is that I want to be able to put together more satisfying posts that say a bit more about me and my life, but it’s very hard to find that silence and solitude in a house with 2 youngish boys and 2 buy working adults. When the silence does come (usually by 8:30pm) I just want to spend some time with my husband.

Last night we had our sofa date night. We watched “A Single Man” the film by Tom Ford. My husband was wearing his Tom Ford glasses, so was perhaps privy to an even deeper understanding of the film. The film was excellent, it showed a depth of human emotion that was so bitter sweet and wonderful.

I also managed to finish my youngest son’s Castle Peeps quilt. The fabric and quilt are designed by Lizzy House.

This has gone on a bit too long. I was aiming to have it done for his birthday, but as the fabric did not arrive until that very day that was impossible.

I’m not as bad as some bloggers (I will not name names in quilting procrastination). I do love it.

Was it a bit unimaginative of me to copy the pattern exactly? Yes, but in my defence, I had so little time to fit it in, I did not have that creative stewing time that is needed for creative quilting. I put it on him last night as he slept. He was very happy with it this morning when I showed it to him.

It has yet to be washed and "shrunk!" I'll do that this week sometime.

2 comments:

Leigh the sewing diva said...

that is so cute!! i love it!

Wonky Witch Needlecraft said...

Absolutely fabulous - well done! :)